Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 4

Its a big milestone for Hayden now because he has made it past the three critical days that they told us were the most important. He is off all of his antibiotics now because he is doing so well and he is eating through his feeding tube down his throat now. They are supposed to increase his feedings sometime today or tomorrow because he is doing so well with the breast milk. Also, they have taken off a lot of the tubes and IVs that he had hooked up to him. He is now only on the SIPAP machine, the feeding tube, and the central IV line. They also have him under a "Bili-light" to keep his bilirubin levels regulated so he doesn't get jaundice. We are so proud of how good he is doing and the nurses have taken to calling him "super baby". I have gotten to hold him twice already and hopefully will get to hold him again today. He is so precious and so smart. Tim and I were talking to him the other day when I was holding him and every time he heard us he would raise and lower his eyebrows and try to open his eyes to see where we were. Every time I go in and open the door to the incubator to talk to him, he starts reaching for me and wants me to touch him. As soon as he gets my finger in his hand he holds on and doesn't want to let go. We can't wait to get him home with us and get him all better. He is our little miracle blessing and I'm confident that God must have very big plans for this little tiny guy. Thank you all for your continued prayers and all your love and support.

Hilary

2 comments:

  1. I first learned of your little precious boy through Facebook. Of course I've never met you or your family, but have been thinking of him daily and praying for your family. I can't imagine what you guys are going through, but I know that your faith will comfort you in the days to come. God bless you all. Take care. :) Amy McConville, Lynchburg, VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can feel the presence of all the prayers that are being offered up of our precious little baby and we thank you for yours. It is tough going through all pain that our little baby boy is in the ICU instead of back home with us. there is an amazing staff working on Hayden and I trust them very much, but I have lerned through working with EMS that God has the final say for our little baby boy. Please keep praying for us to have the strength to make it through this and to keep our trust in God through the good times and the bad.

    thanks for the prayres.

    tim

    ReplyDelete