Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 28

Hilary's thumb against Hayden's little feet
Today Hayden has had a pretty good day. He has had a little trouble keeping his heart rate up because he falls asleep too deeply and forgets to breathe. But we are praying that these will continue to get better and that he will continue to get stronger. His oxygen levels are still looking great!! He is still on 2 liters and room air (which is so so so good!!). So we are very excited at how much his breathing has improved.

He is also up to eating 21 mls. every three hours now on the feeding pump. They have also started him back on the fortifiers and he seems to be doing really great with those as well. The night nurse last night said that he had 5 poopie diapers for her! All of them normal so we are hoping he continues to do well with this as well. If he continues to do well with the fortifiers, they will take him from a 22 calorie fortifier to a 24 calorie fortifier. That is supposed to help him gain weight even faster. He hasn't lost any weight lately but he also has not gained any weight, he still weighs 2 lbs. and 4 ozs.

I didn't get to hold him tonight because I am now on antibiotics for a UTI and possibly uterus infection, they aren't sure yet. So please pray for me that I will heal quickly so I will be able to hold Hayden again soon. Also, I am having to throw out all of my breast milk while I'm on the antibiotic because its dangerous for Hayden. Please also pray that this first round of antibiotics works so that I will not keep having to throw out valuable milk. Also, please keep Hayden in your prayers and keep praying for him to continue doing as well as he is doing. We love you and thank you for all your support and prayers!!

Tim, Hilary, and Hayden.

1 comment: