Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 30

Today Hayden has had another great day! He is doing much much better with his breathing and has not had any more episodes since last night!! We are really happy about this because it seems like his breathing is so much more improved. He is still on room air and he is on 2 liters of high flow oxygen. Hopefully if he continues to do well then they will take him off the high flow and to the regular oxygen soon. He is doing great also with his tube feeds and he is still at 21 ml. every 3 hours. He seems to be tolerating the new fortifier very well and he is now up to 24 calories per feeding. This is causing him to chunk up a little bit, which we are really happy about! He now weighs 2 lbs. and 5 and a half ozs. He looks so much better and he is also not needing his bilirubin light any longer because he is doing so well!! Also today is his official one month birthday! He had his four week mark on Tuesday. From one month ago I was at the hospital with a brand new 2 lb. 1 oz. baby. He has come so far since then! We are all so amazed at his progress. Also, they rechecked the medicine that I am on and it is safe for me to breastfeed him so I am very happy about that. And they are also letting me hold him again now which I greatly needed. Also for those of you asking about me, I am doing much better and thank you for all your prayers. Sorry I don't have pictures tonight. Tim got called out on an emergency neonatal ambulance call and I do not have the camera disc with me. But I promise good pictures tomorrow night. Thank you for all your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment